1.3
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

I have been warned that this scam site will secretly renew your hosting when you already turn auto-renew off, but I wasn't aware that they will do it A FEW MONTHS after the cycle end when you're least expected.I have previously stop using their service and turned all auto-renew off.

Since I already saw comment on them secretly charging your card, I checked my statement closely for a few months, until I got busy and forgot about them. That's the biggest mistake. Apparently, now their scam tactics including secretly turn on auto-renewal months after your cycle end, and charging your card when you're least expected. My fault for not checking my statement every month, but this is really sneaky and should be illegal since I already unsubscribe.

Oh, to go back to why I turn off auto-renew and left them? Basically one day they shutted my site down, claimed that my site has been infected, then told me that I need to pay a lump sum to get it removed, which, basically is an extortion (I used their build in script installer to install Wordpress, not even managed to upload any content).

So basically I told them to ** off, log in to make sure that the auto-renewal is off, then move on.When the renewal date is close by, I found that my site has long been re-activated, and auto-renewal turned on, hence lead to the beginning of this review.

Review about: Ipage Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments