1.9
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

I have been on hold 20 minutes and no sign of a human picking up. Usually, when someone does finally pick up, the call is originating from the Phillipines.

The people are super nice and sweet, but they have not been properly trained by iPage and often give incorrect information. I used to be able to get competent support during the work day out of the US, but now I get overseas no matter when I call. My latest debacle is that I was put on renew when a sales person sold me a WordPress feature. When I was autobilled, I called to cancel.

I was told it could not be cancelled. I tried to go up the chain to supervisors, but there is no way to contact anyone but support for iPage. The upper level supervisors and managers hide. There is no email or contact information for them, nor will they contact you.

I promised I would go on social media to let everyone know my plight, and the next day I received an email from Chithrashree P Billing Specialist saying my money would be refunded and the feature had been cancelled. What he didn't say was that he also ruined my 9 websites and they all went offline. Yes, I would say he purposely screwed with my account. In the end, paying $36 would have been easier than the 5 days of *** I have had.

The sites are still offline. I finally got a person after 20 minutes and then was put on hold and eventually cut off before getting any help.

You don't want to host with iPage. While their dashboard is simple to use, the second you have an issue, you will wish you had gone elsewhere.

Review about: Ipage Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Speaking to people who are in the us.

I didn't like: Customer service, Sales practices they sell things that are fake like security, Charge you more unless you call and say you are cancelling, Always getting someone overseas who is not trained, Downtime.

Comments

What a horrible customer service process! Don't even get started with iPage...you'll be sorry.

Several years ago, I didn't have any problems. I usually got someone in the US that was able to understand and help me. Now I always get someone in the Phillipines that doesn't seem trained at all! I have to repeat myself, they put me on hold while they attempt to read instructions or call someone else for answers and I still don't get my issues resolved.

I tried live chat as well and same problems. Example, I called + live chatted 4 times for the same issue and got the same answer...we don't have anyway to set up filters for colors ("it's not a service we provide"). I knew that didn't make sense so I finally figured it out myself so customers could browse by color in my store. There isn't any place on the store's order documents that display a link to print the order or download the document.

There isn't anyway to set my products up in alpha order. I can put them in order for the first page, but not the entire inventory.

The staff REFUSE to transfer me to a supervisor or provide any other phone numbers to obtain better assistance. What a scam service.